Assassin snails are one of the most effective ways to remove pest snails in a small aquarium. They stay small in size and breed rather slowly making it easy to control their population. Assassin snails are pretty hardy which make them a great addition to almost all conditions.
The assassin snails will be near adult size which is usually around 1/4 of an inch.
- Great way to remove unwanted snails in an aquarium
- Known to eat shrimp on rare occasions
- Burrow into the substrate and help prevent gas buildups
- Hardy so they can adjust to most water parameters
When Receiving Snails:
- Place the snails in a corner of the tank and make a mental note where they were place
- Watch the snails over 7 days, if they do not move remove them from the aquarium
- Give the snails a smell and if they stink, then they are dead
- If they do not smell, add them back to the aquarium and give it another 3 days
- It is common for snails to burrow into the substrate and disappear from sight
Please note: During shipping, snails sometimes go into a hibernation-like state and may not become fully active for up to a week once acclimated to your aquarium.