Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
100% Live Arival Guarantee
Hydrocotyle Tripartita, also known as Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan, a rockstar in the planted tank world that's become a household name thanks to aquascaping legend Takashi Amano. This aquarium plant is not just a green delight; it's a visual symphony in the underwater world.
Picture this: clover-shaped foliage that can either transform into lush bushes or delicate vines, creating a captivating spectacle throughout your aquarium. With its bright green hue and unique leaf structure, Hydrocotyle Tripartita is the go-to ornamental species, finding its place in the midground or background for maximum impact.
Now, the key to unlocking its full potential lies in providing the right conditions. While Hydrocotyle Tripartita is generally undemanding, it's like a green gymnast—it reaches for the light source, resulting in leggy and sparse growth without sufficient lighting. So, medium to high lighting, a dash of CO2 injection, and a sprinkle of basic aquarium plant fertilizer are the starting notes for this aquatic masterpiece.
But here's the beauty—once it's well-established, Hydrocotyle Tripartita becomes the Usain Bolt of aquatic plants, sprinting ahead of many others in the growth race. Regular maintenance becomes a must to keep up with its pace. And the best part? Propagation is a breeze. Just snip anywhere along the stem and replant it into nutrient-dense aquarium soil for a continuous green spectacle.
Ready to turn your tank into an aquascaping masterpiece? Hydrocotyle Tripartita is your ticket to a vibrant, dynamic underwater world that's sure to leave everyone in awe.
Carpeted greenery: Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan is prized for its ability to form dense, low-growing carpets in the foreground of your aquascape. Its small, clover-like leaves grow on vertical stems, creating a lush green blanket that adds natural beauty and texture.
Intense coloration: This plant boasts vibrant green leaves with a hint of yellow, especially under higher lighting. The intensity of the color depends on factors like lighting, nutrients, and overall water quality.
- Adaptable form: Although known for its carpeting nature, Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan can also adapt to midground placement, growing slightly taller with regular pruning and manipulation. This versatility allows you to play with its placement and create interesting visual compositions.
Adaptability and Care:
Easygoing friend: This plant is perfect for beginners! It thrives in a wide range of water conditions, tolerating temperatures between 68-82°F (20-28°C), moderate to high lighting, and a slightly acidic to neutral pH range.
Fast grower: Be prepared for rapid expansion! Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan spreads quickly through runners, readily forming dense carpets. Regular trimming is crucial to maintain its desired shape and prevent overgrowth.
- Nutrient needs: While not demanding, this plant benefits from occasional fertilization with root tabs or liquid nutrients, especially for optimal growth and vibrant green coloration. However, overfertilization can lead to algae problems.
Visual appeal: The lush green carpet of Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan adds a touch of natural serenity and detail to any aquascape. It creates a stunning contrast with colorful fish and hardscapes.
Hiding haven: The dense growth provides excellent hiding places and security for fish fry, shrimp, and other small aquatic creatures. They'll feel safe and comfortable exploring its leafy maze.
Water purifier: This plant helps absorb excess nutrients from the water, preventing algae growth and maintaining good water quality for a healthy aquatic ecosystem.
- Oxygen provider: Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan contributes to oxygenation in the water column, further benefitting the health of your aquatic inhabitants.
Here are some additional tips for caring for Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan:
- Avoid burying the stems, as this can lead to rot.
- Regular trimming promotes healthy growth and desired shape.
- Good water quality and stable water parameters are essential for optimal health.
- High lighting encourages vibrant green coloration, but moderate lighting is also sufficient.
Scientific Name: Hydrocotyle Tripartita
Sold As: Bundle of 10-15 Nodes/Leaves
Care Level: Medium
Lighting Requirement: Med
Growth Rate: Medium
Tank Placement: Foreground as carpet or mid-ground.
This plant is know by many different names and there are other varieties, but this is the one with small leaves that are slightly smaller then a dime. Its a great carpeting plant similar to Pearlweed.